When you add style & function to your home, do you follow the changes in design, or do you tend to stay close to the classics? At Window Fashions of Texas, we love watching the evolution of design, so we can stay in-the-know about new favorites. When it comes to covering YOUR windows, it might be a good idea to take a peek at the current trends in window treatments…
The Golden Rule of Design
No matter how design changes in the world of interiors, your home is your home. You live there–you deserve to love it. The style, the colors, the textures, the features–all of the elements about your home should be personalized to you. As we saw with the Color of the Year 2022, self-expression is recognized as an important part of creating a life you love.
One of the Top Trends in Window Treatments
Just like a well-styled wardrobe, pieces that are intentionally layered will create an amazing look. Layering at the window allows you to bring in new colors and patterns that finish the space exactly how you want. And, with the right combination of shades and drapery, you can achieve function that enhances your lifestyle.
The act of layering isn’t necessarily a trend that will fade. Typically, layering at the window is considered timeless. What has evolved is the fabrics and finish. You might find yourself drawn to mixed patterns, or a different color family. And, draperies hung closer to the ceiling are all the rage, as they heighten the look of the entire room.
Innovation is King.
Living in San Antonio–it just doesn’t get better than beautiful skies and sunshine-filled days. The landscape views are an added bonus. When thinking about the interior of your home, you don’t want to miss out on those special outdoor features.
That’s one reason why the innovation of window coverings is trending. While the fabrics and materials will offer stunning design, it’s the adjustments and options that allow you to enjoy your home to the fullest.
- Top down bottom up keeps the bottom portion of the window covered for privacy and energy efficiency, while the top lowers down. You’ll enjoy sunny skies, natural light entering & a view of the outdoors.
- Remote control blinds are on everyone’s “must-have” list in 2022. Tap a button on the remote–or in an app on your phone for customized adjustments. Voice control, smart home integration & scheduled adjustments are another favorite.
- Two in one shades offer the best of both worlds on one window. One shade is light-filtering, the other is room darkening. In one position, you soften the entering light & enjoy the view. In the other, you block the light.
Yes, there is a question we get asked more often than others. “Should I use the same window treatment throughout my entire home?” The answer is no. While there are a few considerations when choosing your window treatments, today’s top trends in window treatments point to creating a cohesive look, not necessarily matchy-matchy.
Window treatments are the furniture of your windows. You wouldn’t use the same exact furniture in each and every space, so it makes sense that you also wouldn’t choose the same window treatments. The use, function and glass openings are going to vary throughout. Some of the popular choices for windows and doors in the same shared space?
- Plantation shutters with roller shades
- Differing shades with similar fabric collections
- Rollers & Romans with and without drapery panels
How’s Your Next Project?
If you’re thinking about starting a project in your home, and you’re not sure which trends in window treatments will suit your home best, let’s get together to chat. Come visit the showroom in San Antonio to see everything up close and find inspiration to get you started. Then, let’s schedule a time for us to come to your home for a FREE consultation. We’ll help you decide how to create the atmosphere and design you love. Get in touch with our team today.